Monday, April 27, 2009

Cubs get one in St. Louis...

... but lose Ramirez and Lee, even if only for one day. Soriano was beaned. It's always tough in St. Louis.

I'm back to blogging the Cubs, after a necessary absence in which I tended to some urgent business.

What's new in Cub land? It hasn't been a great start, but while I wasn't here to update you all regularly, Kosuke Fukudome really turned around his hitting. He leads the team in most categories. Could it be that this is the real Fukudome? Maybe last season he just got tired. Soriano is also rolling. Ramirez has been OK. I like that we are surviving though we haven't been getting anything from Derrek Lee or Milton Bradley. Those two will be there when Soriano hits his slump.

Turning to pitching, we haven't seen too much from Ryan Dempster, or Big Z. That will change as the summer rolls on, hopefully. Ted Lilly has been good, and Harden has been near to his potential as well.

I'm not going to let a label like "fourth place" bother me at this point. I am not happy to see the Cardinals in first though.

Tonight begins the West Coast trip; Diamondbacks in Phoenix. Tonight is Lilly versus Haren. Early in the season like this the balls fly out of the open room of Bank One Ballpark.

No comments: