Thursday, January 1, 2009

Best Use of Wrigley in 100 years

My brothers are at the Blackhawks vs Red Wings
Winter Classic at Wrigley Field.
(current temperature: 26 degrees F, just like opening day in April!)

It's the first non-baseball sporting event since
the Chicago Sting soccer team played their home games at Wrigley in 1984.
The Chicago Bears once played football here from 1921-1970,
but this is the first time a hockey game has ever been played at Wrigley.

I chose to avoid frostbite (and high ticket prices) and watch it in HD
in the comfort of my home a few miles west.
This photo was taken from my TV which I shot with my mobile phone.
The banner says it all.



On a side note: I can't friggin believe the Cubs traded DeRosa!
Are they TRYING to wait another hundred years?
Peavy better have a red cape and a big S on his chest!


photo below taken by my brother Jon:

No comments: